If you do not find an answer here, try the Windows support forum.
- I already have a license for the Mac version. Do I have to purchase another license for the Windows version?
- Is the .Net Framework really necessary?
- What about Atom API support?
- What about TypePad's TypeList and Photo Album support via Atom API?
- ecto does not preview my entry correctly.
- Where can I download more dictionary and how do I install it?
- Q1. I already have a license for the Mac version. Do I have to purchase another license for the Windows version?
- A separate license is required for the Windows version. Existing Mac license will not work on the Windows version.
- Q2. Is the .Net Framework really necessary?
- ecto for Windows is developed entirely in Visual Studio .Net 2003 using C#. This allow rapid development of new features and debugging.
- Q3. What about Atom API support?
- ecto fully supports Blogger's implementation of the Atom interface, and basic support for TypePad's implementation. File upload is not supported yet for TypePad.
- Q4. What about TypePad's TypeList and Photo Album support via Atom API?
- Both features will available in upcoming releases.
- Q5. ecto does not preview my entry correctly, or nothing at all is displayed.
ecto uses the MovableType/TypePad default Individual Entry template and the default styles-site.css file on your weblog/TypePad server. If you have a different Individual Entry template or CSS file, you need to apply the changes to ecto's preview template as well. If preview is still incorrect, try to start with a basic template:
If nothing at all is displayed in the Preview window, ensure that a post or draft is loaded in the main window first. This can be done by double clicking on a post or draft item in the window on the left hand side.
- Q6. Where can I download more dictionary and how do I install it?
To obtain more dictionaries, visit NetSpell web site and download NetSpell. Once it is installed, more dictionaries can be found in the 'dic' directory inside NetSpell installed directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\NetSpell\dic\). If NetSpell does not include dictionary in the language require, OpenOffice dictionaries can be converted into NetSpell format using the included dictionary build tool, NetSpell.DictionaryBuild.exe, in the 'bin' directory.
After creating a NetSpell dictionary, copy it to the 'Dictionary' directory inside ecto's installed directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\ecto\Dictionary\). The next time ecto starts up the new dictionary will be available in the Spellcheck section of the Options screen. Pick the new dictionary as the default dictionary and the spellchecker will use that for all spell checking.