If you want to add a new weblog account (for example, if you have multiple weblogs running on different servers), simply select Window > Accounts from the menu. The Account window will appear and display the current active accounts. You now have following options:
- Add: Create a new account
- Delete: Delete the selected account
- Edit: Edit the selected account.
- Update Cache: connect to the selected account's server and retrieve weblog settings. ecto does this automatically on account creation, but if you have updated your weblog (for example, by adding categories), you will have to tell ecto to update its local cache of weblog settings.
To add a new account, click the "Add" toolbar icon. Proceed through the Account Configuration manager which appears, following these steps:
- Enter the address of your weblog, i.e. the full address pointing to the index page of your weblog. Click "Next".
- Verify the settings ecto retrieved for your weblog system. If ecto failed to detect these settings, you will have to enter them manually. If your blog system is listed in the "System" popup menu, select it so that ecto can provide you with the access point. For hosted weblog systems, you may have to modify this access point to point to your server. To find out what settings are appropriate for your weblog system, consult this table.
- Enter the username and password for your weblog server. These should be identical to the ones you use to access your weblog's online control panel.
- Enter a name for the new account. This can be anything.
- Once you've completed these steps, ecto will connect and retrieve the settings for your weblog. These settings are now also stored locally, on your computer.
If at a later date, you change these settings via the online control panel of your weblog system, you will need to tell ecto to update its local copy. To do this, choose Window > Accounts, select the relevant account and click on the "Update Cache" toolbar icon.
- If you are using a weblog system that supports the MovableType API, you will also be presented with a dialog to set the default options for comments, trackbacks, and text-formatting.
If you need to change some details of an account, select it in the Account Mananger list and click the "Edit" toolbar icon.
For more information, click "Tell me more."