ecto for Windows has just been updated to 1.7.6. The changes are:
- Added support for the old Blogger API for use with services such as LiveJournal, etc.
- Added new registry key to allow user configurable network timeout. Registry key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ecto\Timeout, and the value is in seconds.
- Fixed connection problem with TypePad.
- Fixed inablity to add more than one line of text to the Trackback text box.
- Fixed proxy server not connecting.
- Fixed cross profile posting not using the correct profile.
- Fixed thumbnail creation algorithm generates blurry image if the original image has embedded thumbnail.
- Improved handling of blogid field from blogger.getUserBlogs method.
TypePad has implemented some changes on their server last Friday and the result is that previous version of ecto for Windows will no longer connect successfully to the server (ecto for MacOSX will work as usual).
The new version contains the fix for this problem and I highly recommend all TypePad users to download this update to regain connectivity to TypePad server. (Note: this issue is isolated to TypePad only at the moment but the fix will also apply to other blogging systems.) For the curious, you can read about this problem in details on my blog.